Go directly to contents.

Recognition of professional qualifications in Finland

In Finland there are almost one hundred regulated professions that require training and work experience. If your profession is regulated in Finland, apply to the relevant authority to have your professional qualification recognised. Recognition normally takes a few months. There is a charge for a decision on professional qualifications.

A European Professional Card (EPC) can facilitate recognition of your qualifications in the case of some professions.Opens in a new window.

If you come from another country to work in Finland, you can check whether your profession is regulated in Finland.Opens in a new window.

In addition, hygiene passportOpens in a new window. is required in the food industry and alcohol passportOpens in a new window. usually in the catering business.

Text edited by: editorial team
Updated: 16/5/2024