Individual approval authority of a vehicle
- Professional qualification
- Public service
Definition of an individual approval
An individual approval means the procedure referred to in Section 3(9) of the Vehicle Act, which states that an individual vehicle or its trailer, which may be other than the only one, complies with its requirements.
The individual approval of a vehicle shall include:
- vehicle identification;
- verification of the adequacy and appropriateness of the documentation submitted to prove the conformity of the vehicle and a visual comparison of the information contained therein with the vehicle submitted for approval;
- the granting or refusal of individual approval of a decision; and
- the storage of data on a single approved vehicle in the Vehicle Traffic Register and the printing and submission of the individual approval certificate to the applicant for individual approval.
The granting of individual approval is divided into three types of contracts based on vehicle categories:
- Vehicles of categories O1 and O2
- Vehicles of category M1 with a total mass not exceeding 3,500 kg and vehicles of category N1
- Vehicles of category M1 with a total mass exceeding 3,500 kg and vehicles of categories M2, M3, N2, N3, O3 and O4
Do the following
If you wish to begin individual vehicle approvals as Traficom's service provider, you must comply with the requirements laid down in Chapter 3 of the Act on the organisation of individual vehicle approvals. The requirements apply, inter alia, to the quality system, premises and expertise.
A service provider wishing to conclude an agreement with Traficom on the granting of individual approvals (hereinafter referred to as the applicant) shall provide Traficom with written reports of the following:
(1) an extract from the trade register or other similar account of the applicant acting in an individual form and an account of the ownership relationship;
(2) a reference to the scope of the services;
(3) information on the planned location and premises where the activities are to be undertaken;
(4) assessment on the date of commencement of operations;
(5) an indication of planned service times;
(6) indication of the quality system
(7) information on the person responsible for issuing individual approvals;
(8) Instruction on how the applicant intends to connect to the Vehicle Traffic Register and how the applicant ensures appropriate data protection and information security
(9) an indication of how the applicant or the person in a position of dominance of the company fulfils the requirements referred to in sections 9, 11, 12 and 16;
(10) an indication of how the staff employed by the applicant meets the requirements referred to in sections 11 and 13 to 15;
(11) indication of how the premises meet the requirements referred to in section 10.
The reports must be submitted to Traficom's registry office: email@example.com
To whom and on what terms
For a company wishing to become a Traficom service provider and meet the requirements laid down in the law.