Demonstrations - learning materials
Description of assignment
- The assignment is suitable as a classroom assignment, and it can be completed alone, in pairs or as group work.
- OPS content and target areas: To encourage pupils to learn basic skills in democratic activities (T7), to focus on the principles and operating methods of democratic society and the rule of law, and to channel opinions to the activities and decision-making of individuals, organisations, the media and public authorities in Finland and internationally (S2), to learn about different channels and means of societal influence. Pupils practise the skills needed for civic participation, in working life and in financial activities by organising genuine events for active, responsible and constructive cooperation and influence in the everyday life of the school also in cooperation with parties outside the school (S3).
- Time estimate 60 minutes.
1. If you would like to organise a demonstration on behalf of a matter of your choice, what keywords could you use to search for information on organising a demonstration on the Suomi.fi website?
2. Look for the following information on the Suomi.fi website Youth and civic activity.
3. As a part of civic activity make a leaflet or sign you can use to highlight your opinion. You can make it by hand or use online tools familiar to you, such as Word or Canva.