Go directly to contents.

Towards employment

If you have graduated or are about to graduate for a profession, register as a jobseeker at the TE Office.

The TE Office provides special support to those under the age of 30 who have recently acquired a qualification and to all unemployed jobseekers under the age of 25. Many municipalities and the One-Stop Guidance Centers (Ohjaamo) also provide support when you are looking for a study place or a job.

Working life has its own rules. When you conclude an employment contract with your employer, the employment contract must comply with the pay and working time agreements of the sector. Find out more in the Rules of working life guide. When you receive a salary or other income, you need a tax card. Find out more about ordering a tax card. 

You can also think about whether you could be an entrepreneur. Entrepreneurs need proficiency and entrepreneurial skills. Find out more in the Could I be an entrepreneur? guide.

See contents related to the topic:

Searching for work and jobseeking skills

Assess your competence, utilise your contacts and look through job vacancy ads in various media. Apply for reimbursement for job interview journeys.

Rights and obligations of an unemployed young person

If you are under the age of 25, and you do not have a vocational qualification, you must acquire an education or training.

Help in choosing a career and changing careers

You can get guidance on career choice from TE Offices and private service providers.