Go directly to contents.

Show your ID!

When you turn 18, your guardian will no longer be able to manage your affairs on your behalf. You can use most public services electronically. To be able to use electronic services, you need online banking codes, a mobile certificate or a Citizen Certificate. If you do not have an electronic identification means, get one as soon as possible.

You can apply to your own bank for the online banking codes and ask your mobile phone operator about the mobile certificate. If you have an ID card, you can also use the Citizen Certificate.

You will also need a passport or an ID card so that you can prove your identity. A driving licence is not an official identification document, but it may be enough for proving your age or identity in some cases. For example, a driving licence is usually enough when you are shopping.

Apply to the police for a passport or an ID card.

See contents related to the topic:

Driving licence

You need a driving licence to drive a motor vehicle.