Services for older people - learning materials
Description of assignment
- The assignment is suitable as a classroom assignment, and it can be complete either alone or in pairs.
- OPS content and target areas: To guide the pupil to deepen and maintain their knowledge of society (T4), learn about an individual’s rights and obligations and discuss the promotion of their own wellbeing and safety as well as that of local communities, such as families (S2).
- Time estimate 15 minutes.
Services for older people
Your friend tell you she is worried about her grandmother's situation. Her grandmother lives alone, but can no longer go to the store alone without problems, and it is difficult for her to perform everyday chores at home.
Help your friend by reading about support for older people living at home on the page Living in your own home as you age.
- a) What services are available?
- b) Which services can the municipality of residence provide, and which can be purchased from a service company?