Go directly to contents.

Granting mandates if you are unable to use electronic services

Read below how you can authorise another person to manage your affairs if you are aged over 18 and cannot use electronic services or identify yourself in them. A foreign citizen living in Finland may only grant mandates if they have a valid foreigner’s identity card issued by the Finnish police.

Please note that you can only use mandates to manage another person’s affairs

Before granting the mandates, you must decide which mandates you want to grant

  • Who should manage you affairs (who is the assignee)?
  • Which matters should the assignee manage?
  • How long should the mandates remain in effect?

If you are able to identify yourself in, you can grant the mandates independently.

If you cannot identify yourself in, you can choose between four different ways to grant mandates.

Updated: 29/1/2024