Authorisation with an application
Who needs authorisation with an application?
The following parties authorise with an application:
- Public administration (e.g., municipal or central government or organisation, educational institution, Evangelical Lutheran Church, Orthodox Church)
- A Finnish association whose signature rule states that the association is represented jointly by two or more persons
- A forest, agricultural or estate partnership whose shareholders include another organisation (e.g. an estate of a deceased person) or whose shareholders do not have an identification token (e.g. online banking codes) or a Finnish personal identity code
- A foreign company in which the persons with signatory rights entered in the Trade Register do not have a Finnish personal identity code or which does not have a business ID
- Private entrepreneurs, self-employed persons, agricultural or forestry operators who cannot use electronic services
- Other organisation or business partnership for which no representatives have been entered into the Trade Register (e.g. foundation, religious communities, investment fund, unemployment fund, insurance fund, personnel fund, jointly owned forest, road maintenance association, estate partnership, shipping company, other consortia carrying out business operations or estate of a deceased person, which have a business ID)
- A Finnish company, association or other organisation if the persons entitled to represent it or partners do not have a Finnish personal identity code or identification token (e.g. online banking codes) or if the one with the right to represent is another organisation
- A Finnish company which is bankrupt or in liquidation or which has ceased to operate
- An adult who does not have a guardian who cannot identify themselves in electronic services
- The guardians of a minor to manage their affairs if all guardians are not able to identify themselves in electronic services
Others grant and invalidate mandates independently in Suomi.fi e-Authorizations.
1. Read the instructions for your application
Always begin drawing up the application by familiarising yourself with the instructions. This is because the requirements vary in different situations and may change between different applications. After you have answered a few questions, you will get instructions and a list of the required documents.Read the instructions
2. Complete an application for the registration of a mandate
The application can be submitted by any person chosen by the assignor. The content of the mandate and the signatories of the application must be defined in the mandate application. You will be provided with the instructions for submitting the application for processing once you have filled in the required information on the application.Complete a mandate application
Before starting to complete your application, check the details and instructions of the themes for which a mandate can be granted. Remember to also familiarise yourself with the instructions of the e-service in which the mandate is to be used.
Request the invalidation of a mandate
The application can be submitted by any person chosen by the assignor. In an invalidation application, you have to determine the assignees all of whose valid mandates you wish to invalidate. You will be provided with the instructions for submitting the application for processing once you have filled in the required information on the application.Complete an invalidation application
When you identify yourself in Suomi.fi, the applications waiting for your approval and the status of the applications you have submitted while logged in will be displayed on this page. The person submitting the application can supplement an incomplete application and reply to requests for additional information concerning applications that are being processed. Note that there is a deadline for replying to requests for additional information.