Go directly to contents.

Professional qualifications and equivalence of degrees

Before you start practising a regulated profession in Finland or abroad, you must apply to the authorities to have your professional qualifications recognised. Practices vary across sectors and from country to country.

There are no official databases or directories on the equivalence of qualifications gained in different countries. Ask the authorities or an educational institution in the relevant country about the equivalence of your qualifications.  

See contents related to the topic:

Recognition of professional qualifications in Finland

For someone to practise a regulated profession the Finnish authorities have to recognise the professional qualification.

The recognition of Finnish professional qualifications abroad

If you intend to work abroad find out from the relevant authority in your destination country if your profession is regulated.

Equivalence of qualifications

You will sometimes need an official decision in Finland on your foreign qualification.