When is it not possible to act on behalf of a child?
The e-service may have imposed the following conditions for acting on behalf of a minor:
- For example, acting on behalf of a child aged over 10 is not possible. The e-service provider (such as Kela) always decides on the age limit for their e-services.
- A child’s parent does not have the right to act on behalf of a child who has been taken into care.
- If a child has been issued a non-disclosure order, none of the child’s guardians can act on behalf of the child. This condition will protect the information within the scope of the child's non-disclosure order.
- If all of the child’s guardians have a non-disclosure order, none of the guardians can act on behalf of the child. If only one of the guardians has been issued with a non-disclosure order, the guardian issued with the order can act on behalf of the child. The purpose of these conditions is to protect the information in the guardian's non-disclosure order.
- Acting on behalf of an underage child is only possible with a mandate granted in Suomi.fi e-Authorizations which all guardians have validated.
Information on whether a child has been taken into care or on non-disclosure orders applying to the child or the child’s other guardians is not disclosed to the e-service because this is classified as sensitive.
If the guardian cannot act on behalf of the child, it is advisable to first check from the organisation responsible for the e-service whether one guardian can act on behalf of the child and whether acting on behalf of the child has been restricted in some way.
If acting on behalf of the child is possible but you cannot see the child’s information:
- First, check the Digital and Population Data Services Agency’s Personal Data serviceOpens in a new window. to verify whether you have been registered as the child's guardian.
- Ask the Digital and Population Data Services Agency whether a joint custody agreement or order has been issued on the child's custody, when it has been issued and what kind of division of responsibilities has been recorded in it, or whether some other guardian has been appointed to the child. Customer service for private customers - dvv.fiOpens in a new window.