Go directly to contents.

Young people after comprehensive school

After completing basic education, you can apply for a study place in the joint application process. You can apply to general upper secondary education or to vocational education and training. The results of the joint application process are announced in June. 

If you do not get a study place, you can still apply for a reserve place. You can also change your study place. There is help available if you are still unsure what you would like to study.

See contents related to the topic:

Applying for studies after comprehensive school

The joint application to upper secondary education is for applying to general upper secondary education and to vocational education and training.

Young people left with no study place after comprehensive school

Not all applicants are accepted to the place of education where they would like to study. There are many ways to proceed after this happens.

Changing place of study after comprehensive school

It is possible for young person to change their place of study.

Gap year and working life after comprehensive school

After comprehensive school, a young person may want to consider their future by taking a gap year. Working is one option.