Go directly to contents.

Applying for studies after comprehensive school

After completing basic education, you can apply for a study place in the joint application process. You can apply for 

  • general upper secondary education or vocational education and training 
  • vocational education and training provided as demanding special support
  • preparatory instruction after basic education 

The results of the joint application process are announced in June. In the summer, you can still apply for the study places that have remained vacant. You can apply for vacant study places all year round in the continuous application process. 

You can find the timetables and application instructions at in a new window.

Text edited by: editorial team
In collaboration with: Ministry of education and culture
Updated: 20/4/2022