Go directly to contents.

A new home for an older person

When you get old you might need a new home where it is easier to get support and service. The solution can be family care, sheltered housing or institutional care.

See contents related to the topic:

Sheltered housing for older people

Sheltered housing comes in many forms. You may buy or rent a flat or a room in a sheltered housing unit.

Family care for an older person

Family care means that an older person gets care and attention in the family carer’s home or his or her own home.

Institutional care for older persons

Care at an institution is only considered when other ways are no longer enough to meet the older person’s needs for care and attention.