Go directly to contents.

Informal carer for a loved one

You could be a carer if you are looking after a family member or loved one who is ill, disabled, elderly or otherwise in need of special assistance and support. Your family member would not be able to cope with everyday tasks without your help.  It is important that you recognise the situation in time and know how to get support for your caring tasks and personal well-being.  

Apply for informal care support from the wellbeing services county of the care recipient using a form or electronically. Even if you have not concluded an informal care agreement with the wellbeing services county, you can still be entitled to services and benefits. Check with the social welfare services in your wellbeing services county and Kela.   

Go to the guide As an informal carer for a loved one.