Go directly to contents.

Permits of the Finnish Patent and Registration Office for people living abroad

You may engage in your trade in Finland if you reside permanently in the European Economic Area. If you live outside the European Economic Area, you may need a separate permit for engaging in your trade or holding managerial or other positions of responsibility in your company in Finland. Apply for the permit by submitting a freely worded application or an application form to the Finnish Patent and Registration Office.

Read more on the website Permits to persons from outside the European Economic Area (EEA)Opens in a new window.

Text edited by: editorial team
Updated: 12/4/2021