Go directly to contents.

Permits and notifications for non-EU citizens

If you are a citizen of a non-EU country and are moving to Finland to become an entrepreneur, you need a residence permit for an entrepreneur, an employed person, or a start-up entrepreneur. Once you have been granted a residence permit for at least one year, you must also register at the Local Registry Office, which will provide you with a municipality of residence and a Finnish personal identity code. The actual process of establishing a business is similar as for Finnish citizens.

Text edited by: editorial team
Updated: 12/2/2019