Go directly to contents.

Pensions earned abroad

If you have worked abroad while employed by a foreign employer or in business as an entrepreneur, apply for the pension that has accrued from this work from the pension provider in the country of employment. 

The Finnish Centre for Pensions sends your application abroad if you live in Finland and apply for a pension in an EU member state, EEA country, Great Britain, Switzerland or a country that has a bilateral social security agreement with Finland. Learn more how to claim your pension from abroad. 

Text edited by: editorial team
Updated: 8/5/2021