Go directly to contents.

Construction and properties

Before you start building, you need the building permits required by law. You can apply to the municipality for the permits. You may also require a permit for renovations, if the changes affect the façade or other aspects of the building. Municipalities draw up and approve their own local master plans and local detailed plans. Municipalities may also cooperate in drawing up local master plans. Regional councils are responsible for the preparation of regional land use plans.

Construction and waste management

To start building you need a valid building permit. If you own real estate, you have to pay real estate tax. As the occupant of the property, you should provide a waste bin, from where the bin men can collect the waste.