Applying for advance information in accordance with the Sustainability Act
- Permit or other obligation
- Public service
Upon application, the Energy Authority may provide advance information on whether raw material used in the production or manufacture of biofuel or bioliquids should be considered waste, residues, inedible cellulose or lignocellulose for the purposes of the Act on Excise Tax on Liquid Fuels.
Biofuels produced from waste, residues, inedible cellulose or lignocellulose are subject to a lower tax category, the so-called T tax category, for the purposes of excise duties on fuels.
Do the following
Use the Energy Authority’s form template to prepare an application following the process instructions and send it and any related attachments by email to the Energy Authority.
To whom and on what terms
Advance information can be applied for by an operator in accordance with the Sustainability Act, if the operator is one of the following:
- parties with a distribution obligation in accordance with the act on the promotion of the use of biofuels in transport
- parties with a tax obligation in accordance with the act on excise tax on liquid fuels
- operators in accordance with the emissions trading act and users of aircrafts in accordance with the Act on Aviation Emissions Trading
- recipients of state subsidies, whose subsidy decision imposes an obligation to verify sustainability
A fee is charged for the service.
Period of validity
The decision is valid until further notice.