Go directly to contents.
Responsible for the service Energy Authority

Application for a production aid verifier

  • Permit or other obligation
  • Nationwide
  • Public service

The verifying organisations for the production aid for electricity produced from renewable energy sources are approved by the Energy Authority. The competence of the production aid verifier is assessed by FINAS, which acts as the accreditation unit required by the Production Aid Act.

Do the following

Applications for production aid verifiers are made in the SATU service.

  • submit an application for approval to the Energy Authority via the SATU system
  • submit an application for assessment of competence to FINAS

The Energy Authority first approves the verifier for a fixed period of time. When FINAS has issued a statement or an accreditation decision to the verifier

  • submit the statement or accreditation decision to the Energy Authority as a supplement to the application for approval via the SATU system
  • The Energy Authority makes a decision on the verifier's approval and sends it to the verifier by e-mail and submits the approval decision to the verifier by post.

To whom and on what terms

An organisation applying for a production aid verifier shall comply with the following conditions:

  • independent in production aid certification tasks
  • sufficient professional and independent staff for certification tasks
  • has the equipment, tools and systems required for the operation
  • having regard to the quality and extent of the activities, has adequate liability insurance or other similar arrangements deemed adequate

Using the SATU system requires that

  • The verifier organisation authorises one or more of its representatives to use the verifier's power of attorney form as a system user. A separate power of attorney form is provided for each authorised person. The form can be obtained on request from
  • The verifier organisation fills in and submits the verifier's basic information form to the Energy Authority.

Signed forms are sent by post to the Energy Authority.

The service is provided by

Energy Authority

Responsible for the service

Energy Authority
Text edited by: Energy Authority
Updated: 18/2/2021