Approving a mandate request as an organisation
The recipient of the mandate request has to approve the mandate request so that the person requesting the mandate (assignee) can act on the assignor’s behalf. The request is approved by validating the mandate in Suomi.fi e-Authorizations. You can also reject the mandate request.
- When the mandate is validated, it will be valid from the start date.
- If the mandate request is rejected, the mandate will never take effect.
You will see a notification of the mandate requests to approve in Suomi.fi e-Authorizations after selecting Company's mandates as the service role. You can also view new mandate requests on the Received requests page.
A mandate can be approved alone by anyone entitled to authorise persons on behalf of the company or association on their own. You will find more detailed information on who can authorise in Suomi.fi e-Authorizations on the Granting mandates as an organisation page.
A mandate request can be jointly approved by the board members or authorised persons of a company entered in the Trade Register, partners in a general partnership, responsible partners in a limited partnership, authorised persons of a cooperative, or shareholders of a tax partnership.
- The new mandate request is displayed on the Received requests page in Suomi.fi e-Authorizations at most 6 months until one of the persons with the right to represent has validated the mandate for their part.
- When this has been done, the other validators will see the mandate on their To be validated by you page. Each validator must validate the mandate for their part.
- Mandates that are still waiting for validation by any of the validators are shown on the To be validated by others page.
If there is a large number of mandate requests, you can
- search for the mandates granted to a specific person, company or organisation by the name, part of name or identifier of the assignor
- search for mandates requested for certain mandate themes or with certain specifier only
- limit the list based on the period of validity of the mandates
- download all requests as a CSV file and view them in table format.
If the company or organisation is unable to approve the mandate request by themselves, it can be approved by a person who has a right to represent the assignor alone by visiting a service location of the Suomi.fi e-Authorizations for organisational customersOpens in a new window.. If a company or an organisation does not have any persons entitled to represent alone, all persons who can represent in accordance with the rules of representation must approve the mandate request together at a service location.
Do as follows:
- Identify yourself in Suomi.fi e-Authorizations.
- Select Company’s mandates as service role and the organisation to which the mandate request has been sent.
- Go from the notification to approve the mandate requests.
- You can see all assignees from whom mandate requests have been received.
- You can select one or more assignees and approve all mandate requests received from them at one time. When you click on the assignee's name, you can select individual mandate requests that you want to approve.
- Check the details of the mandate(s).
- Remove from the list any mandate requests that you do not want to approve.
- If necessary, edit the period of validity of the mandates that you want to approve.
- Validate the mandate(s). If you validate a new mandate that overlaps with an existing mandate, the existing overlapping mandate will be invalidated immediately.
Validated mandates will be visible on the Granted mandates page by the assignor and on the Received mandates page by the assignee.
The rejected mandate requests will be invalidated from Suomi.fi e-Authorizations. The party submitting the mandate request will not receive any notification of the invalidation.