Go directly to contents.

Problem situations when travelling or staying abroad

In problem situations you can get help from the local authorities or the Finnish consulate or consulate of another EU country. You can get help also from the Ministry for Foreign Affairs’ Unit for Consular Assistance and the Ministry’s emergency centre. 

If necessary, submit a crime report to the local authorities. Close the accounts of stolen or lost bank and credit cards and cancel phone subscriptions. Contact your insurance company.

Text edited by: editorial team
Updated: 9/18/2020