Go directly to contents.

EU citizens’ permits and notifications

If you are a citizen of an EU Member State, Liechtenstein, or Switzerland, you do not need a residence permit when you move to Finland. However, you must register your right of residence at the Finnish Immigration Service within three months since moving to Finland. If you intend to stay in Finland for at least a year, you must also register at the Digital and Population Data Services Agency. 

The process of establishing a company is similar as for Finnish citizens, but your place of residence may be relevant in certain situations. You can also take advantage of the Business start-up wizard. It is an easy-to-use tool which gives you a check-list of matters that are obligatory when you are setting up a business.

Submit your start-up notification of your company electronically in the Finnish Patent and Registration Office's Business Information System (YTJ).

Text edited by: editorial team
Updated: 12/4/2021