Workplace Finnish Training
- Nationwide except the Åland Islands
- Public service
The aim of Workplace Finnish Training is to improve the personnel’s, who have a foreign background, capacity to manage their work tasks in Finnish. The language lessons of the training focus on the professional vocabulary needed in the tasks, communication situations encountered at work, customer service situations or the company’s occupational safety and other material, for example. Workplace Fin ...
Do the following
- Contact your local ELY Centre or TE Office.
- Preferably use the electronic form. If this is not possible, use the printable form “Employer’s proposal for pooled training (TEM607)”.
- Send the form to your local ELY Centre or TE Office.
- A representative of the labour administration will contact you to assess training needs and draw up a preliminary training plan.
To whom and on what terms
The primary minimum duration of Workplace Finnish Training is 70 lessons (each 45 min). However, the minimum duration can be adjusted to meet the specific needs of the company. The training is organised according to the needs of the company, taking into account the objectives and duration of the training. A typical cycle is between two and four lessons once or two times a week.
The service is discretionary and subject to a fee. The Workplace Finnish Training is co-funded by the employer and the labour administration. The employer’s contribution depends on the company’s size and turnover or balance sheet. The company’s contribution is 30–50% of the total price of targeted training (TäsmäKoulutus), 30% in recruitment training (RekryKoulutus) and 20% in change training (MuutosKoulutus).