Go directly to contents.
Responsible for the service Finnish Tax Administration

Travel expenses

  • Service
  • Nationwide
  • Public service

You can deduct travel expenses related to commuting and working in taxation. You can use a tax return or a tax card to report travel expenses.

Other journeys may be deducted as travel expenses between the apartment and the workplace, in which case the deduction must be calculated according to the cheapest available vehicle. The deduction has an excess and a maximum amount.

Other journeys, then a ...

Do the following

Report travel expenses primarily in MyTax.

Information on all service channels is not available in your chosen language. Change the language of the site to receive information on service channels in other languages.

The service is provided by

Finnish Tax Administration

Responsible for the service

Finnish Tax Administration
Text edited by: Finnish Tax Administration
Updated: 18/12/2023