Go directly to contents.
Responsible for the service ELY Centre

Temporary noise or vibration site notice

  • Permit or other obligation
  • Nationwide except the Åland Islands
  • Public service

Activities or events that involve temporary noise or vibration must be reported in advance to the local environmental authority in writing. Such activities include e.g. building works and public events which are expected to cause noticeable noise or vibration.

If the activity takes place in multiple municipalities, notify the ELY Centre responsible for the area that will be most affected by the ...

Do the following

You can use the printable form (Temporary noise or vibration site notice) or send a free-form notice. Please provide the following information in your application:

  • the notifier’s contact information
  • the site location
  • the type, duration and scope of the work or activity
  • estimated emissions
  • proposed environmental protection measures
  • impacts on the environment
  • details of relevant permits and statements obtained from authorities.

Send the notice as an attachment to the general form or by post to the ELY Centre. ELY Centres’ contact information is available under Service locations.

To whom and on what terms

A notice is not required for activities which are subject to an environmental permit, activities relating to a private household, the activities of Defence Forces, or temporary activity that is subject to a local authority’s environmental protection orders which do not specify obligation to notify.

The activity cannot be started until after 30 days of submitting the notice or a period specified in the local authority’s environmental protection orders.


Make sure you submit the notice well in advance, at least 30 days before the start date of the activity.

Period of validity

The decision may specify a validity period.

The service is provided by

ELY Centre

Other responsible organisations

ELY Centre for Varsinais-Suomi, ELY Centre for Uusimaa, ELY Centre for Satakunta, ELY Centre for Häme, ELY Centre for South Savo, ELY Centre for Southeast Finland, ELY Centre for North Savo, ELY Centre for Lapland, ELY Centre for Ostrobothnia, ELY Centre for North Ostrobothnia, ELY Centre for Central Finland, ELY Centre for North Karelia, ELY Centre for Pirkanmaa, ELY Centre for South Ostrobothnia, ELY Centre for Kainuu

Responsible for the service

ELY Centre
Text edited by: ELY Centre
Updated: 22/3/2021