- Nationwide except the Åland Islands
- Public service
Targeted training is vocational training tailored to the needs of your employees. It is also suitable for temporary lay-off situations.
The training is suitable for updating the skills of your existing workforce when your company is undergoing changes that require thorough updating of competencies. These can be technological or operative changes. The training is also intended to prevent redundancies and lay-offs, and it can be implemented during or instead of temporary lay-offs.
Targeted training is vocational training tailored to the needs of your business and workforce in response to new skills needs. Employees can't complete a qualification or individual components of vocational training.
The aim is that each student will continue to be employed by the current employer.
Do the following
- Contact your local ELY Centre or TE Office.
- Use preferably the electronic form. If that is not an option, the printable the form “Employer’s proposal for pooled training (TEM607)”.
- Send the form to your local ELY Centre or TE Office.
- A representative of the administration will contact you to assess training needs and draw up a preliminary training plan.
To whom and on what terms
Targeted training is especially suitable for small and medium-sized businesses. It can also be used by central and local government and parish organisations.
This is a discretionary service. The training is not to be used for the financing of normal orientation and staff training for which the employer is the cost bearer or training that employers organise in order to comply with national training standards.
A fee is charged for the service.
The training is funded by the employer and the administration of economic affairs. The employer’s contribution is 30–50% of the total price. The contribution depends on on the size, revenue or balance sheet of the company.