Go directly to contents.
Responsible for the service The Ministry of Justice

Supporting party registration

  • Service
  • Nationwide
  • Public service

You can submit a statement of support for party registration in the service or on a paper form. The statement of support does not bind the one who submits it to any action concerning the association applying for registration as a political party. The information on the registration supporters will not appear in the service.

Do the following

Electronic statement of support

Submit an electronic statement of support in the service. Supporting the registration of a party in the service requires strong electronic identification. You cannot cancel a statement of support for party registration after the statement has been submitted in the service.

Paper statement of support

Submit a statement of support on a paper form (supporter card) using a form confirmed by the Ministry of Justice. You can submit a statement of support on paper if the association collects the statements of support using a paper form. Submit the form to the Ministry of Justice.

The Ministry of Justice delivers the support cards to the Digital and Population Data Services Agency (DVV) that checks the cards and informs the Ministry whether the required number of cards was gathered.

To whom and on what terms

Any person who has the right to vote in the general, municipal or European parliament elections can submit a statement of support.

The service is free of charge.

Basic information

The service is provided byThe Ministry of Justice
Responsible for the serviceThe Ministry of Justice
Area Whole Finland
Available languagesSwedish, Finnish
Text edited by: The Ministry of Justice
Updated: 8/7/2022