- Nationwide except the Åland Islands
- Public service
The coaching can benefit companies that
- are having to make employees redundant due to production or financial reasons
- are laying off employees temporarily, and return to work is uncertain.
- helps laid-off workers find new jobs or change careers
- duration is to be agreed on mindividually but is minimum of 10 days.
The programme is tailor-made to the participants’ needs. The economic affairs administration participates in the planning and sources a trainer. The employer and the administration monitor the progress and quality of the coaching.
Do the following
- Contact your local ELY Centre or TE Office.
- If possible, use the electronic form. If not, complete the printable form “Employer’s proposal for pooled training (TEM607)”.
- Send the form to your local ELY Centre or TE Office.
- A representative of the administration will contact you to assess training needs and draw up a preliminary training plan.
To whom and on what terms
The coaching is intended for all employers that are having to lay off people or permanently close their business. It can also be used to support temporarily laid-off employees, and by employers in the public sector.
This is a discretionary service. The training is not to be used for the financing of normal orientation and staff training for which the employer is the cost bearer or training that employers organise in order to comply with national training standards.
Cooperation between employers, employees and the administration is governed by legislation on protection in the event of restructuring.
A fee is charged for the service.