Go directly to contents.
Responsible for the service Finnish Immigration Service

Residence permit application for studies

  • Permit or other obligation
  • Nationwide
  • Public service

Apply for a residence permit with this application if you are moving to Finland to study and you have been accepted as a student at an educational institution in Finland. The educational institution can be a university, a university of applied sciences, a general upper secondary school or a vocational education institution. You may apply for a residence permit for studies, if

  • your studies lead to a degree or a vocational qualification, or
  • you are coming to Finland as an exchange student.

To whom and on what terms

A fee is charged for the service.

Period of validity

The permit is valid for a fixed time.

Basic information

The service is provided byFinnish Immigration Service
Responsible for the serviceFinnish Immigration Service
Area Whole Finland
Available languagesFinnish, Swedish, English
Text edited by: Finnish Immigration Service
Updated: 14/4/2022