Go directly to contents.
Responsible for the service Finnish Tax Administration

Rental income

  • Service
  • Nationwide
  • Public service

Rental income and related expenses must always be reported in taxation. The information must be given even if no tax is payable on the income after deduction of expenses. Rental income is capital income taxed according to the capital income tax rate.

Do the following

When you receive rental income, you should change your tax card or apply for prepayment. This way, the tax is collected up-to-date and you avoid back tax on rental income.

When you receive the pre-completed tax return, check its details. If the rental income is not shown in the tax return or there is something to correct, make corrections primarily in MyTax by the due date indicated in the tax return.

Information on all service channels is not available in your chosen language. Change the language of the site to receive information on service channels in other languages.

The service is provided by

Finnish Tax Administration

Responsible for the service

Finnish Tax Administration
Text edited by: Finnish Tax Administration
Updated: 18/12/2023