Receiving deposits and disbursements
- Nationwide except the Åland Islands
- Public service
You have the right, subject to certain conditions, to deposit funds, securities or other documents in the Regional State Administrative Agency for safekeeping. The deposit releases you from the obligation to make a payment or to settle other liabilities in accordance with the deposited document, and the liability to pay interest will also be interrupted.
You can make a deposit to the Regional Sta ...
Do the following
The deposit consists of two parts: an application to the Regional State Administrative Agency, and depositing the funds into the Regional State Administrative Agency’s account.
You can either write a free-form application or use an application form.
Provide the following details in your application:
- depositary’s information (name, address, possible contact person, telephone number)
- who will the deposit be made for, that is, who will be entitled to withdraw the funds (if available, name, address, possible contact person, telephone number)
- grounds for making the deposit
- amount of money or other deposit
- disbursement terms
- withdrawal of deposit, that is, does the depositary reserve the right to withdraw the funds before 10 years have expired
- date and depositary’s signature
- possible separate billing address and reference data.
The Regional State Administrative Agencies’ bank account numbers and addresses can be found in the application form.
You can apply for permission to withdraw a deposit from the Regional State Administrative Agency by a free-form written application or by using an application form. The application to withdraw deposits shall include the following information:
- applicant (name, address, telephone number, information of possible representative or agent)
- the deposit to be withdrawn (information on the depositary, who the deposit has been made for, when and how much has been deposited, grounds for the deposit)
- bank information for the purposes of disbursement (IBAN, BIC, account holder)
- case-specific information in the attachment.
The Regional State Administrative Agency shall study the application and decide whether the applicant has a right to withdraw the deposited funds. The Regional State Administrative Agency shall send a decision to the applicant. The funds and their interest shall be withdrawn from a separate bank account, and transferred to the Regional State Administrative Agency’s bank account, from where they will be transferred to a bank account designated by the applicant.
Processing time for the applications is about one month.
To whom and on what terms
The deposit must have a basis in legislation. If a person who is entitled to money, securities or other documents from another person, refuses to accept a settlement or is hindered by illness, being absent or other similar reason to accept the contribution, the person who is obliged to settle the liability has a right to deposit the money, securities or other documents in the Regional State Administrative Agency and thus be released from the liability to settle.
The person obliged to settle a liability has the same right if they do not know and are not obliged to know who the settlement should be made for, or which one of the two or more persons that demand for the settlement are entitled to it.