Go directly to contents.
Responsible for the service City of Rauma

Permit in accordance with the Act on Cross-country Traffic

  • Permit or other obligation
  • Rauma
  • Public service

Driving in the terrain with a motorised vehicle always requires permission from the landowner, the right of public access does not permit driving in the terrain.

A permit from the municipal environmental protection authority is required for recurring or permanent competitions or practices arranged in the terrain with motorised vehicles. A permit must also be applied for if considerable disruption ...

Do the following

Attach a map of the area covered by the activity, written permission from the landowner, an account of the safety factors and a plan for repairing possible damage to the terrain and tidying up the area after the event to the application.

To whom and on what terms

If a trader has established their business in another country within the European Economic Area and intends to provide their services temporarily in Finland, the trader is subject to the same obligations as all other traders established in Finland.

Background information

Natural terrain refers to an area that is not a road and is not meant for transport. Motor vehicles must not be driven there without the landowner’s permission. If competitions are organised for motor vehicles or motor vehicles practice over natural terrain on a regular basis, a permit must be applied for also from the municipal environmental authorities. A permit must also be applied for if considerable disruption e.g. to nature, residents, public recreational use of the area and fishing can be expected from an individual event.

A permit is not required if the area already has an environmental permit or if the local detailed plan specifies that the purpose of the area is the use motor vehicles.

The service is provided by

City of Rauma

Responsible for the service

City of Rauma
Text edited by: City of Rauma
Updated: 16/3/2023