Go directly to contents.
Responsible for the service Finnish Customs

Declaring cash when travelling to or from EU nations

  • Service
  • Nationwide
  • Public service

If you have over €10,000, or the equivalent sum in other currency, when entering or leaving the EU, you must declare the cash to Customs.

Cash means:

  • banknotes and coins
  • other means of payment, such as cheques and negotiable promissory notes
  • gold coins (at least 90% gold content)
  • pieces, bars and blocks of gold (at least 99.5% gold content).

Credit and debit cards are not considere ...

Do the following

Declare your cash by filling out a form.

Submit the cash declaration form to Customs upon your arrival or departure. Print and fill out the cash declaration form in advance. Attach a copy of your passport or identity document.

After arriving, choose the red channel or declare your cash to Customs in another manner.

The service is provided by

Finnish Customs

Responsible for the service

Finnish Customs
Text edited by: Finnish Customs
Updated: 16/1/2023