Authorisation for the status of an authorised consignee
- Permit or other obligation
- Public service
A company that has been granted the status of an authorised consignee can receive goods arriving under a T or TIR transit procedure into its customs or temporary storage facility. Goods do not need to be presented at Customs.
The following is required to obtain an authorisation:
- the company regularly uses the Union transit procedure and is established in the customs territory of the Union
- the company has not committed any serious infringements of customs or tax legislation
- the company has a management system for transport data
- the person responsible for the company’s customs matters has practical competence or professional qualifications related to the transit procedure
- the authorised consignee presents the transit declaration data electronically to Customs.
In order to be able to obtain the status of an authorised consignee, the company must also have a comprehensive guarantee authorisation as well as an authorisation for temporary storage of goods and/or an authorisation for customs warehousing. You can find instructions for applying for these authorisations on Customs’ website under “Authorisations”.
The authorisation can be issued in Finnish or Swedish.
Do the following
You can find instructions for applying for the authorisation on Customs’ website under “Authorisations”.
To whom and on what terms
The service is free of charge.
The processing time for authorisation applications is 120 days from when they are approved for processing. An application can be approved for processing when it contains all the details needed to make a decision, i.e. the application is fully completed and accompanied with the necessary attachments.