Go directly to contents.
Responsible for the service KEHA Centre

Additional part of calculated compensation for those receiving refugees

  • Service
  • Nationwide
  • Public service

Municipalities and wellbeing services counties can apply for an addition to the calculated compensation for receiving persons under international protection. The additional part of calculated compensation is intended for the development of reception and integration services for those who have received international protection.

The payment of the compensation is applied from the KEHA Centre for th ...

Do the following

The KEHA Centre pays the government grant upon application. The application is submitted in the e-services.

How to apply for payment

Once your application has been approved, you can apply for payment electronically in the regional administration e-services in accordance with the terms of the decision. Log in to the e-services using your personal banking ID, mobile certificate or certificate card.

Complete the application thoroughly and add the required appendices.

More information about authorisation

In the e-services, the application can be submitted by an authorised person. Persons without separate authorisation can act on behalf of an organisation if they have an existing mandate for transactions or a right based on register data.

The authorisation to use the services is given in e-Authorizations. The mandate theme for the e-service is called Applying for subsidies for employment, environment, business and transport. The mandate theme is specified by the identifier KOTO.

Authorised persons act on behalf of their organisation through e-Identification. The service verifies the person's right to use the service when logging in. In addition to authorizations organisations need their business ID to use the e-services.

To whom and on what terms

Municipality or wellbeing services county entitled to compensation has concluded an agreement with the ELY Centre on the allocation of refugees and the promotion of integration, and it has an active integration programme.

According to the Aliens Act, additional part of calculated compensation paid as a lump sum is entitled to from groups of persons under international protection who have arrived in the municipality during the previous year.

These groups include:

  1. Quota refugees, who may belong to the previous year’s or earlier years’ quota.
  2. In the asylum procedure, those who have received a residence permit on the basis of international protection when the residence permit is based on asylum or subsidiary protection.
  3. Family members of beneficiaries of international protection who have been granted a residence permit through family reunification.
  4. Holders of residence permits for individual and human reasons.
  5. Persons admitted to Finland on a humanitarian basis by a government decision from Afghanistan.

To the additional part of calculated compensation is entitled from children born in Finland in the previous year if the parents of the child or one of them are covered by the previous year’s additional support. The compensation is not paid for children born in the previous year whose parents have already entered the country in earlier years.

Compensation is paid only to the first actual municipality of residence, the resident of which the person covered by the additional support is registered upon arrival in Finland, or to which they move from the reception centre after receiving a residence permit.

In the case of persons moving from a reception centre who have been granted a residence permit, the municipality is not entitled to compensation if the person is given a municipality of residence already when they are at a reception centre in the municipality’s area and the address of the reception centre in question is marked as their address in the population register. The municipality is only entitled to the compensation if the person has moved from the reception centre to the municipality and another than the reception centre’s address is marked as their permanent address in the population register.

If a person moves to another municipality after receiving a place of residence, only the first actual municipality of residence is entitled to the additional compensation, regardless of the period of time the person has lived in their first municipality of residence.

The service is provided by

Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment, KEHA Centre, ELY Centre

Other responsible organisations

Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment, ELY Centre

Responsible for the service

KEHA Centre
Text edited by: KEHA Centre
Updated: 15/1/2024