The National Institute for Health and Welfare (THL)
Alternative name THL
The National Institute for Health and Welfare (THL) studies and monitors - and develops measures to promote - the well-being and health of the population in Finland. We gather and produce information based on research and statistics. We also provide expertise and solutions, which our stakeholders can use in support of their decision-making and other work.
See more service channels by this organization
- E-serviceNationwideThe online bookshop also offers e-books.
- E-serviceNationwideFineli is a national data bank of food compositions.
- E-serviceNationwideYou can order information and textbooks, studies, recommendations and statistics from the social and healthcare sector published by THL.
- E-serviceNationwideThis online form can be used to order packages of sampling and sending materials.
- FormNationwideReferral for drug and pharmaceutical substance testing
- WebsiteNationwideDrug testing during studies involves, upon the education provider's request, screening a person for substances they have/have had in their body.
- WebsiteNationwideDrug testing for health care purposes is carried out for diagnostic purposes, monitoring of treatment, or, for instance, in the cases of overdose.
- WebsiteNationwideThe Laboratory of Chemistry at THL studies human exposure to environmental pollutants. More information is available at the laboratory's website.
- WebsiteNationwideA forensic genetic paternity test (DNA test) is performed when there is uncertainty about the biological paternity.
- WebsiteNationwideNational Institute for Health and Welfare conducts alcohol, drug and medication testing as a paid service.
- WebsiteNationwideWorkplace drug testing is conducted to determine any intoxicants present in the person’s body at the time of sampling or before it.