When you become unemployed
- Register as an unemployed jobseeker with a TE Office at the latest on your first day of lay-off or unemployment.
- Apply for the unemployment benefit from Kela or your unemployment fund once you have been unemployed for two weeks.
To be eligible for the unemployment benefit
- keep your job search valid
- look for full-time employment
- cooperate with the TE Office.
You can accept jobs and part-time work without losing your eligibility to receive unemployment benefits
See contents related to the topic:
Applying for unemployment benefits
Register as a jobseeker with the TE Office and apply to Kela or your unemployment fund for employment benefits.
Obligations of an unemployed jobseeker and accepting work
To be eligible for employment benefits, you must keep your job search valid, look for full-time employment and work in cooperation with the TE Office.
Rights and obligations of an unemployed young person
If you are under the age of 25, and you do not have a vocational qualification, you must acquire an education or training.