Go directly to contents.

Recognition of professional qualifications in Finland

In Finland there are almost one hundred regulated professions that require training and work experience. If your profession is regulated in Finland, apply to the relevant authority to have your professional qualification recognised. Recognition normally takes a few months. There is a charge for a decision on professional qualifications.

A European Professional Card (EPC) can facilitate recognition of your qualifications in the case of some professions.

In addition, hygiene passport is required in the food industry and alcohol passport usually in the catering business.

Text edited by: editorial team
Updated: 7/9/2021