Go directly to contents.

Notification of death

If a person dies for example in their own home this must be reported to the emergency number 112. After this, the emergency authorities are responsible for ensuring that the other authorities are notified of the death. The authorities only share information on deaths with those parties who have the right to the information. 

The deceased person's next of kin should notify other interested parties, such as the deceased person's employer, landlord and building cooperative of the death.

Text edited by: editorial team
Updated: 7/7/2021