Go directly to contents.

Choosing a place of treatment in a temporary municipality of residence

If you live or spend long periods of time outside your municipality of residence due to work, studies, leisure, or in order to be near relatives, you can also receive treatment in the municipality where you are staying without having to change your place of treatment to that municipality. 

However, your treatment must then be based on a care plan drawn up by your health centre. This means that the health centre responsible for your treatment will not change if your choice for non-emergency treatment will apply only to the health services that are included in your care plan. 

On My Kanta Pages you can see your care plan as well as your health information, prescriptions and laboratory and x-ray results.

Text edited by: editorial team
In collaboration with: Ministry of Social Affairs and Health (MSAH), The National Institute for Health and Welfare (THL)
Updated: 4/2/2020