Go directly to contents.

Choosing a hospital

Specialised medical care is usually the responsibility of the hospital district of your municipality of residence, which includes a university hospital or central hospital and other hospitals. If you wish, you may also choose your specialised medical care provider from any location in Finland. When a doctor or a dentist decides that you require clinical examinations or treatment within specialised medical care, you can together consider the hospital or outpatient clinic to which your referral should be sent.

See hospitals on a Map.

Text edited by: editorial team
In collaboration with: Ministry of Social Affairs and Health (MSAH), The National Institute for Health and Welfare (THL)
Updated: 2/3/2020