Go directly to contents.
Responsible for the service Centre for Non-Military Service

Transfer to another civilian service position

  • Service
  • Nationwide
  • Public service

You can, on proper grounds, request a transfer of the civilian service position during the labour service.

Do the following

Please send an informal application for transfer to the Civilian Service Centre. Please state the following in the application

  • your name
  • your date of birth
  • your address information
  • the ground for the transfer

Attach the following documents to your application:

  • the written consent/opinion of the current civilian service position for the transfer (form-free)
  • a new excerpt that clarifies the criminal history, if required.

The contract entered into with the new civilian service position. Electronic acceptance by both parts done. The processing of the transfer application will take about a week.

To whom and on what terms

You may move to the new service position only after the Civilian Service Centre has made a written decision about it. The excerpt that clarifies the criminal history is valid for six (6) months from the date of the excerpt. The excerpt shall be presented to the Civilian Service Centre.

The service is free of charge.

Basic information

The service is provided byCentre for Non-Military Service
Responsible for the serviceCentre for Non-Military Service
Area Whole Finland
Available languagesFinnish, Swedish
Text edited by: Centre for Non-Military Service
Updated: 20/4/2021