Submit a tip about a cartel or other restriction of competition
- Public service
You can submit a tip to the Finnish Competition and Consumer Authority (FCCA) if you detect something suspicious in the markets that may be a sign of a cartel or some other form of forbidden restriction of competition. Tips are important messages about the functionality of the markets, and the FCCA will initiate further investigations based on the tips, if necessary.
You can also submit a tip anonymously.
Let the FCCA know if you suspect that:
- competing companies have agreed on prices or have been sharing markets or customers (= a bidding cartel relating to public or other procurement, or other type of cartel)
- a company in a dominant market position abuses its market dominance
- a distribution agreement between companies unjustifiably restricts competition in the markets.
Do the following
If you suspect a cartel:
- Do not tell anyone that you have approached the FCCA in the matter. In order to successfully conduct an investigation and gather evidence, it is important that the suspected companies do not know about the tip to the FCCA.
- You can submit a tip about a cartel or other restriction of competition by using the online tip form available in the FCCA website.
To whom and on what terms
Please note that submitting a tip as such does not mean that the FCCA will take action in the matter. The FCCA will not necessarily give any response to a tip it receives.
Submitting a request for action is required for action to be taken in the matter by the FCCA.
The service is free of charge.