Go directly to contents.
Responsible for the service Centre for Non-Military Service

Social welfare officer services during alternative civil service

  • Service
  • Nationwide
  • Public service

The Civilian Service Centre has a social welfare officer who can provide you with guidance and advice. If you need more help to compete your civilian service or if you leave the service, you can also receive support from your home municipality.

Do the following

You can go and see your social welfare officer during office hours to have your questions and concerns addressed. You can also contact them by phone or email. The most common matters discussed are:

  • financial situation
  • job seeking
  • employment service issues
  • joint application system and education
  • conscript's allowance and other benefits
  • personal problems

To whom and on what terms

You can use the services of a social welfare officer if you are a civil service draftee or if you are considering civilian service as an alternative to military service.

The service is free of charge.

Basic information

The service is provided byCentre for Non-Military Service
Responsible for the serviceCentre for Non-Military Service
Area Whole Finland
Available languagesFinnish, Swedish
Text edited by: Centre for Non-Military Service
Updated: 16/4/2021