Go directly to contents.
Responsible for the service City of Kalajoki

Registration of by-product plants

  • Permit or other obligation
  • 5 municipalities
  • Public service

Certain by-product plants must apply for a registration from a municipal veterinarian. Such by-product plants are for example

  • collection centres
  • farm feed mills
  • various technical plants that produce products intended for technical use
  • various storage plants designed for storing products intended for technical use that have been derived from by-products.

The Finnish Food Authority is responsible for the register’s operation.

Do the following

Apply for registration by submitting a completed application form to the municipal veterinarian.

Information on all service channels is not available in your chosen language. Change the language of the site to receive information on service channels in other languages.

To whom and on what terms

A plant can be registered when it complies with the requirements of the Animal By-Products Regulation.

An operator must notify the municipal veterinarian about changes to their operations or termination of their operations. In the event of a significant operational change, the operator must apply for an approval of the change before the changed operations begin. If the registered plant no longer meets the conditions for registration, the registration can be revoked either temporarily or permanently.

If the operator has established itself in another country in the European Economic Area and temporarily offers services in Finland, the same registrations are required as from operators established in Finland.


The plant must apply for registration before the launch of operations.

Period of validity

The registration is valid until further notice.

The service is provided by

City of Kalajoki

Responsible for the service

City of Kalajoki
Text edited by: City of Kalajoki
Updated: 14/9/2023