Problem solving service SOLVIT
- Public service
SOLVIT is a free-of-charge online service for citizens and businesses. It provides assistance with issues related to EU rights. The SOLVIT network can help if an EU citizen or an enterprise operating in an EU area encounters problems with authorities of another country who are applying EU laws incorrectly. SOLVIT informs the authorities of the rights of persons coming from other EU countries and a ...
Do the following
Fill out the SOLVIT service form online. Remember to include the following clarifications in your message:
- Give a concrete description of the problem.
- What claim or regulation is your query based on (if known)?
- Who is the responsible authority?
- What are the authority’s arguments?
- Other previous contacts or discussions relating to the matter.
- Attach the decision issued by the authority or other relevant documents.
If you are unsure whether or not your case constitutes an internal market infringement, you can investigate the matter first with the Your Europe service (http://europa.eu/youreurope/index.htm).
To whom and on what terms
The service is available:
- For companies operating in EU area
- To citizens of EU member states and of Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein, and to their family members (including spouses from third countries).
The service is only applicable to problems caused by an authority’s incorrect or delayed enforcement of EU internal market legislation.
The problem must be of transnational nature:
- A problem in another EU/EEA member state.
- A domestic problem which includes a cross-border element.