Go directly to contents.
Responsible for the service Finnish Centre for Pensions

Pension record

  • Service
  • Nationwide
  • Public service

The earnings and benefits you receive throughout your working life are entered into your pension record. Your future pension is calculated based on the information on your pension record. Check your record every year to make sure that your earnings and benefits are recorded correctly.

Your pension record is an estimate of how much pension you will get when you retire. The more years of work you have ahead of you, the more pension you will earn. If you are approaching retirement, your estimated pension amount stated on your pension record will be closer to the actual amount you will receive when you retire. The pension record lists your employments in the private and public sector, your periods of self-employment and non-paid periods for which you have earned a pension.

If you are between the ages of 18 and 67 years and you have not chosen to check your pension record online, your pension provider will send you a printed pension record to your home address. If you work in the private sector, you will get the record every third year. If you were born in 1961 or earlier, you will receive the record every year. If you have already retired, you will no longer receive a printed pension record. If you no longer wish to receive a printed pension record, you can cancel it via your pension provider’s website.

Do the following

You can read and check your pension record through your own pension provider’s website or via (available mainly in Finnish and Swedish). The online pension record includes your most recent data. If you find errors or missing data on your pension record, immediately contact the pension provider that issued your pension record. If you live in Finland, you can also request your pension record by phone from your own pension provider or the Finnish Centre for Pensions. The record will be sent to the address listed in the population register.

If you work in the public sector, you will get your online pension record via Keva’s My pension service (available in Finnish and Swedish). Keva administers the pensions of State, local government, Evangelical-Lutheran Church and Kela employees.

If you live abroad, you can request your pension record by phone if your foreign address is listed in the population register. In other cases, you can order the pension record by writing to the Finnish Centre for Pensions. Include your personal data, Finnish personal ID and your address in your letter. Don’t forget to sign it!

To whom and on what terms

The service is free of charge.

Basic information

The service is provided byFinnish Centre for Pensions
Responsible for the serviceFinnish Centre for Pensions
Area Whole Finland
Available languagesFinnish, Swedish
Text edited by: Finnish Centre for Pensions
Updated: 9/17/2020