Go directly to contents.
Responsible for the service City of Kalajoki

Notification of the supply or use of household water in the water distribution zone

  • Permit or other obligation
  • 5 municipalities
  • Public service

An operator must notify the municipal health protection authority of the supply and use of household water in the water supply zone.

When an operator only supplies household water, it means that they do not have their own water production or treatment. A typical example is a water cooperative that buys household water from elsewhere and supplies it to its partners.

Use of household water means that an operator uses their equipment to abstract household water in order to use it as a part of their public or commercial operations.

Do the following

Submit a written notification to the municipal health protection authority.

Information on all service channels is not available in your chosen language. Change the language of the site to receive information on service channels in other languages.

To whom and on what terms

If the operator has established itself in another country in the European Economic Area and temporarily offers services in Finland, the same notifications are required as from operators established in Finland.


The notification must be submitted no later than 30 days before the operations are started.

The service is provided by

City of Kalajoki

Responsible for the service

City of Kalajoki
Text edited by: City of Kalajoki
Updated: 14/9/2023