Notification of the commissioning and modifications of a power plant
- Permit or other obligation
- Nationwide except the Åland Islands
- Public service
The Finnish Energy Authority shall be notified of the commissioning or modifications of power plants with a minimum electrical power of one MVA. Report information on
- the plan for the construction of the power plant
- a power increase decision; and
- long-term or permanent decommissioning of the power plant
Do the following
Notify about the commissioning or modifications of the power plant using the notification form. The notification shall include information on:
- power plant operator and owner
- the power and energy sources of the power plant and its main technical characteristics
- when the power plant or its power increase was introduced
- in the case of permanent decommissioning of a power plant of at least one year or permanent decommissioning of a power plant, the planned time of implementation of the measure
More detailed instructions can be found on the form.
Send the form primarily by e-mail to the registry of the Energy Authority. You can also post the appform to the Energy Authority or through the Permits and Supervision Service.
To whom and on what terms
The notification obligation applies to power plant operators with a plant ot a minimum electrical power of one MVA.
The service is free of charge.
A decision on the construction of a power plant or a power increase shall be notified within one month of the decision. The commissioning of a power plant or the commissioning of a power increase shall be notified within one month of the commissioning. The decommissioning of the power plant or the permanent decommissioning of the power plant shall be notified within 1 month of the decision being made, but at least 6 months before the planned implementation date of the measure.